PRIVACY NOTICE – THIRD PARTIES
Chase New Homes respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform our customers, suppliers, subcontractors and other third parties as to how we look after your personal data; the legal basis under which we process your data; and your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Chase New Homes collects and processes your personal data, including any data you may provide via our website, when you make an enquiry, sign up for our promotional mailings, reserve and purchase one of our homes.
Chase New Homes Limited (Company number 07777017) is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as “Chase New Homes”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Chase New Homes is the brand name used for different legal entities under common control so when we mention “Chase New Homes”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the relevant company in the Chase Group responsible for processing your data. Chase New Homes Limited is the controller.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Chase New Homes Limited
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Jasmine House, 8 Parkway, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 6HG
Telephone number: 01707 660 660
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and if you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with information). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our products or services;
- supply us with goods or services;
- submit an enquiry via our website, by telephone or email;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- Purchase a home from us;
- enter into a Sub-Contract with us.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House, credit reference agencies.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you and provide you with products or services.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate and statutory interests (or those of a third party where legally required to do so) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or post/text message.
We may process your personal data in order to administer, protect and improve our website and other communications with you. In this instance, the lawful basis under which we are processing your personal data is that it is necessary for our legitimate interests in running and developing our business.
You could receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or reserved or purchased a home from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Estate agencies
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We will inform you in advance where we propose to transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or to an international organisation.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law, we have to keep basic information about our customers and suppliers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for 7 years after you cease being customers or suppliers for tax purposes.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Further information on cookies can be found here at www.allaboutcookies.org.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to: request access to your personal data; request correction of the personal data that we hold about you; request erasure of your personal data; object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms; request restriction of processing of your personal data; request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party; and withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
11. MONITORING AND REVIEW OF THE POLICY
We will continue to review the effectiveness of this policy to ensure it is achieving its stated objectives and we reserve the right to amend this policy at any time.