Our Technical team are currently recruiting for the following position:
JOB TITLE: Technical Manager
REPORTS TO: Technical Director
Primary Job Purpose
To provide a professional Technical service
- Support the delivery of key business performance targets, in order to meet the wider company business objectives.
- Manage and support the Technical team and external consultants, in order to achieve their objectives and business goals required for the successful delivery of project(s).
- To ensure timely issue and distribution of Technical information to enable a full and comprehensive tender process, for a start on site with the right information through to completion of the project(s).
- Support the company culture and values and the delivery of high levels of business performance.
- To assist and co-operate with the Land Department in the investigation and acquisition of development sites and oversee the writing of the pre-purchase Technical report.
- To agree, manage and report on the Technical project programme, ensuring this meets the requirements of the overall development programme.
- To set, manage and report on the Technical budget; obtaining budget tenders for third party consultants.
- To assist and co-operate with the Planning Department in the planning process and ensure accurate Technical information is provided for planning applications.
- To be responsible for ensuring planning and design freeze drawings meet the requirements of the Technical department.
- Procure consultant quotations and ensure appointments are in place for the production of Contract documents.
- To be responsible for the preparation of detailed constructional drawings in line with programme, specification and budget requirements.
- Manage negotiation and securing of technical, statutory and legal approvals to achieve project compliance.
- To ensure timely registration with warranty providers i.e. NHBC, Robust Details and Building Regulation Application.
- To be responsible for overseeing the resolution of technical design and constructional problems. Controlling design variations and requests for further information for business requirements throughout the longevity of the project.
- To be responsible for liaising with the Client and key stakeholders on relevant Technical matters.
- Assisting sales and marketing with brochure requirements and signing off on behalf of the department.
- To oversee the handover of accurate and complete Technical information at completion of the project or set phases.
- Assist at all times in maintaining a safe working environment within Company workplaces, and applying the Company Health & Safety Policy for their own, their colleagues, third parties and the public’s benefit.
- To ensure the Technical design is meeting the minimum requirements of CDM and other health and safety regulation.
Relationship and Management
- Must be able to manage external consultants and providers, controlling external fees and expenditure.
- Co-ordination and checking of all technical information and distribution, including the management of inhouse design team, Design Managers and Service Managers.
- To register, resolve and monitor where appropriate site queries from production management to enable progressive product development.
- Strong liaison with all internal teams for production layouts, brochures, value engineering completion and product and specification selection.
- Design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions.
- Produce designs in agreed timescales to ensure business forecasts are achieved.
- Must be able to communicate well at all levels internally within the business and externally with public bodies.
- Embrace innovative solutions to resolve technical and design issues.
- Work with the project team to ensure the most desired and economical decisions are made and implemented into the design.
- Honours degree.
- Proficient in AutoCAD.
- Design and engineering construction knowledge.
- Technical and Building Construction knowledge.
- Building Regulations.
- NHBC or Premier Guarantee legislation.
- Health & Safety / CDM Regulations.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.